- 1 (8 oz.) can of lima beans, undrained or 1 cup dried lima beans, cooked
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 tsp peppercorns to taste
- 2 tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups soy or almond milk
- Empty beans and vegetable stock into a large pan.
- Add all other ingredients except the flour and milk and simmer for 1 hour or more until the beans are very soft.
- Make a paste of the flour and a little cold milk.
- Heat the rest of the milk to scalding, and stir in flour paste. Cook and stir until thick.
- Run the bean soup through a strainer or put it through a food processor and combine it with the milk mixture just before serving, adjusting seasoning to taste.